Thank you for your interest in Pierrepont School. Below is a suite of Frequently Asked Questions to help guide you through the admissions process. Please direct questions to Sarah Marchesi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be offering tours starting September 21, 2023. If you are interested in taking a tour please use the form below. You can also click here to schedule a meeting with the Head of School for more information about Pierrepont in the meantime.
Pierrepont Admissions Calendar
All admission decisions will be communicated electronically. If a child is admitted to Pierrepont School and a family chooses to enroll, we will require a signed enrollment contract and deposit by the deadline listed below.
January 31st, 2024: Financial Aid Applications Due (http://sssbynais.org/parents).
Please Note: We continue to accept applications for the 2023-2024 school year. We accept students on a rolling basis. We welcome interest in Pierrepont School at any time during the year, but encourage early applications–we cannot guarantee space will remain available.
Quick Facts about Financial Aid
For more information and to apply: https://www.solutionsbysss.com/parents/
- Financial aid applications are due: January 31st, 2024.
- Pierrepont financial aid is provided to K – 12 families and we distribute the aid based on need and availability of funds. We do not provide any financial aid awards based on merit.
- A financial aid application will NOT affect the school’s decision regarding your child’s admission.
- Information you will likely need:
- Complete federal tax returns from the most recent fiscal year
- W-2s received by all parents/guardians in the household for the most recent fiscal year
- Recent pay stubs of jobs that parents/guardians currently hold
- All documentation that establishes how much miscellaneous monthly or yearly income you currently receive (i.e. welfare, food stamps, unemployment, workers’ compensation)
- All corporate, partnership, and trust tax forms (if a parent/guardian owns 20% or more interest in a corporation or partnership or if any member of the household owns 20% or more interest in a trust)
- Other documentation (recent utility bills, daycare expenses, etc.) may be required.
Frequently Asked Questions About Admissions
We will continue to accept applications for the upcoming school year after the deadline. We cannot guarantee that there will be space after the deadline, but encourage anyone who is interested in Pierrepont School to email Sarah Marchesi at email@example.com to begin the conversation.
Parents and schools share the same goal in admissions: both parties want to ensure a good fit between the child and the educational environment. The admissions procedure at Pierrepont is designed to present parents with honest information about our curriculum and our values as a community. Our hope is to give each applicant and parent a clear picture of the educational experience they can expect to have in our school.
Admissions decisions are based on all information gathered from the application and interview process. We consider school records, testing, our evaluation, and school visit to determine which candidates would thrive in our school.
We will be hosting Pierrepont Open House Events this year and the dates will be available in your Ravenna account. Please fill out the form at the top of this page to attend an Open House Event and/or schedule a tour.
No, but please see below.
We will consider freshman candidates in special circumstances, but in general, the difficulty of integrating older students into our curriculum precludes high school admissions. By the time they reach high school most Pierrepont students have studied Latin, Greek, and Mandarin Chinese for several years and are at least a grade level ahead in mathematics and science; therefore, it is not always possible to place incoming high school students within our existing groups.
Students entering K-3 do not need to submit standardized test scores. Students applying for fourth grade and above must submit their results from the CMT, ISEE, and/or ERB if available.
- Born 2005 – 2012: $52,450
- Born 2013 – 2018: $50,300
Yes, Pierrepont offers need-based financial aid to students. Please apply for financial aid by visiting http://sssbynais.org/parents.
The school opens at 8:00 am Monday through Friday. Classes are held 8:30-3:25 Monday through Friday. After-school activities take place from 3:25-4:10 Monday through Thursday.
Unfortunately, we are not able to serve students with significant learning differences. We do not have special education services at Pierrepont and we are not equipped to offer academic remediation.